Saturday, October 24, 2015

Grove and Platt Dental Associates--Friday Favorite

I hate going to the dentist, so it is strange that I'm writing about a dental practice as my Friday Favorite.

I started going to Grove and Platt because the dentist I had was charging more than everyone else while complaining that he wasn't making enough money, and they were recommended by one of my wife's coworkers.  I thought it was stupid to drive all the way out to Grimes to get my teeth cleaned, but I didn't have a better option.

The first time I went there I thought it was a fluke that they sent me straight in instead of sticking me in the waiting room for a half hour or more.  What I found, however, was that not waiting is the norm there.  I've been going there for several years, and I still don't know whether or not they have decent magazines in the waiting room.

In addition to the lack of waiting, they up the ante by making it feel like I'm going to a spa.  I can get a hot wax treatment for my hands (tried it once, felt trapped) or a hot towel wrap on my neck (love that!) each time I go in.  They also have free coffee and tea and water.

The best part is that they don't overcharge.  Virtually every time I've been there I get a refund after my insurance gets done processing their part.  Nothing beats that.

You never get a second chance at having teeth.  Keep yours healthy.  You can find them here.

No comments: