Saturday, October 17, 2015

Cosi Cucina--Friday Favorite

My main criteria for going to a restaurant is that there has to be something about it that's better than what I can do at home.  I am a pretty good cook, so there are not a whole lot of restaurants who meet my standard.  Cosi Cucina is one for sure. 


I don't eat a lot of Italian food since I've changed my diet to mostly low carb, but if I'm going to go out for Italian, it's definitely the place to go.  Not just for the food.  From the time that Lisa and I first started dating, it's been the main place we've gone out to celebrate anniversaries, birthdays, etc.  There are a lot of good memories there from the last 20 years or so, in addition to the incredible food.


I'm hesitant to talk about how great it is, because I do like that it isn't as trendy as it was when we first started going there, and we can go in and get a table rather quickly instead of having to call ahead and still have to wait at least an hour, probably more like two.  However, I would not want the place to go out of business because of lack of business.


There are a lot of things to love about Cosi Cucina.    The bread.  The aromas when you walk in the door.  The bread.  The wait staff, some of whom were there the first time I ate there.  The bread.  The fact that you can eat fairly inexpensively, or spend a pretty good chunk of change.  The bread.  The white chocolate brownie for dessert.  The bread.  The way the wait staff describes the specials and soup of the day (It's better than calling a 900 number.  From what I've been told).  The bread.  The unusual specials (like ostrich) and soups (cream of red pepper, for example).  And did I mention the bread?

When you go there (it's mandatory, not optional), make sure you get the white chocolate brownie for dessert.  Just eat half your meal and get the other half boxed for tomorrow's lunch.  You'll be glad you did.

No comments: