Saturday, May 17, 2008

Help Hypertension, Help Your Brain

I guess I can take the rest of the day off. My dad always told me I should learn something new every day, and I just learned something.

Some new research is showing a link between high blood pressure and Alzheimer's Disease. Keeping your blood pressure down can reduce your risk of decreased brain function, attention def--are the Penguins and Flyers playing this afternoon? When do the Stars and--I wonder if it's too late and too dry to get morels--I could really go for Tasty Taco--wonder how the Hawkeye quarterback situation--anyway, what was I talking about? Oh yeah. Anyway, I also learned that only about 1/3 of people with high blood pressure have it because of too much salt. The best way to fight it is to keep your weight down. So I guess I'd better go play some hockey tonight.

You can find the whole article at http://health.yahoo.com/alzheimers-causes/blood-pressure-and-the-brain/pt--Psychology_Today_articles_pto-20030602-000004.html

No comments: